4th of July
With the 4th of July weekend coming up, it’s easy to fall off the fitness wagon. Here are some easy ways that can help keep your diet and activity at a steady level:
- Put some color in it. When preparing your meals, add different fruits and vegetables into the mix. This is especially easy to do when you’re grilling. Add some colorful peppers, corn, or onions on the grill to create a variety of healthy options, flavor, and essential nutrients to your meals.
- Stay hydrated. The weekend is sure to be hot and filled with outdoor activities so be sure to drink lots of water. You can even prep some fruit infused water bottles and leave them in the fridge so they’re easy to grab on your way out.
- Stay active. As easy as it may sound to lay on your beach chair and work on your tan, be sure to add in a few laps in the pool, a game of volleyball, or maybe even some lawn twister. This will help balance things out if you miss your regular workout at the gym.
- Prep healthy dessert options to avoid diving into high-calorie ones. You’ve worked so hard to get where you’re at. Prepare yourself for coming in contact with the foods that are full of sugar and fats. If you’re bringing a dish, bring something that you know is healthy and will give you alternative options that actually make you feel good when eating them. Your body will thank you later!
- Enjoy yourself. Of course, it’s a holiday weekend and time for hanging around those you love. Don’t beat yourself up if you decided to pick up that brownie or juicy cheeseburger. Remember, it is OK to occasionally treat yourself during the holiday festivities.