For the Zucchini Noodles:
- 6 zucchini, washed, dried and spiralized*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs (I either reach for rosemary or thyme, but use whatever you have on hand or use your favorite)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
For the Ricotta Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2-cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste (season it well)
For the Tomatoes:
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Add spiralized zucchini; season with herbs, salt and pepper and continue to cook for 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove zoodles from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to stove and heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Stir in ricotta cheese and milk; season with salt and pepper and continue to stir until cheese is completely melted and everything is well combined.
- Bring to a steady simmer and cook for 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the previously prepared zucchini; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 2 minutes, or until they start to blister.
- Stir and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve tomatoes over the prepared zucchini and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
-To see more visit: http://diethood.com/creamy-ricotta-zucchini-noodles/#O8cyzDi8mJZCUGZy.99