Chicken Avocado Lunch Burritos
Keep it light! This easy to make meal is great for the on the go individual. Crush that mid-day hunger with a Chicken Avocado Burrito!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
519 calories per serving
– 4 burrito sized tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten-free)
– 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
– 1/4 cup lime juice
– 1 large avocado, diced
– 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
– 1/4 cup salsa verde
– 1/4 cup sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt
– 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or skip the cilantro if you’re one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap)
1. Mix the taco seasoning and lime juice, cover chicken in the mixture and optionally marinate for 30 minutes to overnight
2. Grill chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side
3. Let sit for 5 minutes and slice
4. Warm tortillas to make easier to fold
5. Assemble the burritos, grill (folded side down) until grill marks appear, flip and repeat
***Keep assembled burritos for up to 4 days in the fridge, microwave or warm in oven/toaster oven to heat.
! Have a favorite recipe you want to share? Send it over!