This healthy fish option is great for a quick dinner or lunch. It is also a great option for those who are looking for ideas for a keto diet. For those who are strapped for time, this is also an option that can be prepped beforehand and taken with you to lunch, just keep the items in separate containers and put them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 8oz/250g salmon filet
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 2/3 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- Handful basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 10 olives, pitted
- 2 Tbsp hummus or low card hummus
- Rub the salmon with the dried basil, crushed red peppers flakes, and 1 clove garlic. Let it sit like that for a few minutes while you’re making the broccoli and the salad
- For the salad chop the cabbage and toss it into a bowl with the lemon juice. Then add the lettuce, basil, olive oil, feta cheese, and 1 clove of minced garlic. Since the feta cheese is pretty salty you don’t need to do this next step, but if you would like to you can also make the hummus here as well.
- Chop the broccoli and stirred them for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Then turn off the heat and cover for a few minutes
- Then remove the broccoli and add the salmon into the same pan (this way you won’t have to wash a bunch of pans after cooking). Cook the salmon on medium/medium-high and cover with a lid, flip halfway through. You can choose to use whole salmon filets, or cut them into a few chucks. After 6-7 minutes the salmon should be ready.
- Now time to get the bowl ready! At the bottom put the salad, then add olives, hummus, broccoli and in the middle the salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Yield: 2, Amount per serving: Calories: 580, Total Fat: 40g, Saturated fat: 9g, Trans fat: 0g, Unsaturated fat: 29g, Cholesterol: 95mg, sodium: 600mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Net carbohydrates: 0g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 38g
Check out the full recipe!