Healthy Strawberry Cupcakes 🥭 🥛
How could a good cupcake ever be healthy? Well, these ones are equally healthy as they are delicious!
Ready in: 75 minutes ⏰
Makes 12 cupcakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ pound strawberries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ pound strawberries
- ¾ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Dry mix:
- 1 ¼ cups oat floor
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners
- Puree the strawberries for both the wet mix and the frosting in a blender. Use a strainer to remove the seeds
- To make the frosting, place the 1 cup of the strawberry puree, the maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt in a saucepan and cook for about 8 – 10 minutes on low heat, until the sauce has reduced by third. Transfer the sauce to a bowl to cool. Mix in the almond flour and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer back to the blender and blend into a creamy frosting. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To make the wet mix, place the plant milk, flaxseeds, and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Mix well and let stand for 10 minutes
- To make the dry mix, place the oat flour, sorghum flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. If needed, sift through a sieve to ensure a thorough mixture.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and the remaining 1 cup of strawberry puree to the bowl with the wet mix. Stir well, and pour into the bowl with the dry mix. Stir well but gently
- Spoon the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 30 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean
- Remove the tray from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Place the cupcakes on a wire rack to cool completely
- Frost each cupcake using a spatula, or decorate using a pastry bag and tip. Top each with a half strawberry. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Check out the full recipe here, https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/strawberry-cupcakes/#gs.waduzd.