Looking for a fun, kid-friendly recipe? This is it! It doesn’t take long to get everything ready and it is packed full of flavor!
⏰ Prep time: 10 minutes
⏰ Cook time: 16 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 (4-oz) chicken breast
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup salted pretzels (small sticks)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line the baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound the chicken breast out into 4 thin pieces with a meat mallet.
- On a rimmed plate or shallow dish, stir the flour, salt, and black pepper. In another dish, combine the honey mustard and beaten egg whites.
- In a food processor, pulse the pretzels a few times, until they are coarse bread crumbs. Transfer them into another rimmed plate and mix with the panko crumbs.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Then, dip them in the egg/mustard mixture and allow the excess to drop off before coating the chicken in the panko/pretzel mixture.
- Place the coated chicken on the set-aside baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes.
Per serving (4-oz chicken breast):
Calories from fat: 27
Saturated fat: 1g