Healthy Yogurt Oat Muffins
Spice up your mornings with these yummy and healthy yogurt oat muffins! To give them a little extra flavor we suggest you add a little something extra – whether that’s blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries… You name it!
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cook time – 17 minutes
Total time – 37 minutes
Yields 12 muffins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup (3.5 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups blueberries or chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and honey.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the blueberries or chocolate chips and toss to combine.
- Add the yogurt mixture and the melted butter or coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined (don’t overmix or the muffins might be dense).
- Portion the batter evenly among the muffin cups (I use a #60 cookie scoop). Bake for 14-17 minutes until the tops spring back lightly to the touch.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the tin and then remove them to a cooling rack to cool completely. These muffins freeze very well or keep at room temperature for a few days (well-covered in a tupperware or bag).
To view the full recipe, click here.